Diamond drill bits ... When You Need A Drill Bit To Stand Up to High Pressure?
The Best-value without sacrificing quality! Toolguy High Speed Steel drill bits outlast and out perform all the competition! You won't find a better bit anywhere at this price!
- Concrete and Masonry Bits
- Drill bits of all types and sizes, for different size chucks, all for drilling into concrete and masonry. Nothing but the finest from toolguy.com!
- Titanium Bits
- High Quality, Heavy Duty HSS Titanium drill bits. Great economical but durable bit for general purpose applications.
- Auger Bits
- For Wood drilling with Nails in the line of cut, Toolguy proudly presents the nailbomober. Sizes 1/2" - 1-1/2"
- Step Drill Bits
- Made with heat-treated high speed steel , These Step Bits are the best in the industry. Nothin but the finest from toolguy.com
- Cobalt Jobber Drill Bits
- Sizes up to 1/2". Gold/Amber colored, Ground from solid M42 Cobalt. Heavy Duty - 135° Split Point - ANSI Standards. Over 1/2" SEE Catagory Directly under!
- Super TC Multi-Purpose Drills
- Toolguy TC Series Multi Purpose Titanium Micro-Carbide Diamond Ground Drill Bits. Carbon Fiber, Glass, Metal, Concrete and just about Anything. Amazing Product. Made in Germany.
- Silver & Deming Cobalt Bits
- M42 Cobalt Bits. Sizes from 17/32" and above. The Best in the industry. Long Lasting a perfect for durabilty.
- Drill Sets
- Why buy bits individually when you can purchase the set? Toolguy has all kinds of drill sets from a 100 pc. Security set to the 3 pc. Titanium step set.
- Solid Carbide Micrograin Drill Bits
- NEW. MICROGRAIN SOLID CARBIDE Drills from Toolguy.com. Used in Aerospace and fantastic on super high alloys. Super high performance drilling of just about anything. Exotic Metals.
- Carbide Rotary Burrs
- 1/8", 3/8" and 3/16" Carbide Rotary Burrs. All shapes and sizes. High quality and long life. For other sizes, call 1-888-DRILGUY (374-5489)
- Combined Drills and Countersink
- 60 Degree Plain Type Combinded Drills And Counters
When it comes to drill bits, you need to have the right tool to do the job. Selecting a drill bit depends on the type of surface you will be drilling into. If you are just doing routine household projects, you can get by with HSS drill bits.
But if you need to be able to drill through something more substantial – bricks, stone, concrete or even hard steel, diamond drill bits are a great option.
In fact, diamond drill bits are used primarily for concrete and masonry. The body of the bit is standard HSS, but the tip of the drill has an embedded industrial diamond. The bit has sloped slots which help to move dust away as holes are bored into the concrete. When you use diamond drill bits, you can drill either dry or with a lubricant, like water.
Before you begin drilling, examine the bit to make sure it hasn’t been damaged. Diamond drill bits work by slowly grinding away at a material and reducing it to dust. This is a completely different process from a drill bit for hard steel, which actually cut away at the materials.
Need A Drill Bit For Hard Steel?
If you are drilling into hard steel, you need a bit that can withstand the force of the material, as well as the heat that is generated during the drilling. There are several great drill bits for hard steel, including cobalt or titanium bits.
Cobalt is an ideal drill bit for hard steel. Cobalt is made from HSS steel that is blended with cobalt. The added cobalt makes the drill extremely hard; cobalt drill bits are incredibly resistant to heat. Because the cobalt is mixed with the HSS in the initial formation of the drill bit, this bit will maintain its strength and resistance to heat.
Titanium is also a great drill bit for hard steel. Titanium bits are made by coating a drill bit with titanium. Titanium actually offers a higher hardness level than a cobalt bit, but because the material is coated on the bit, it can wear off over time. You can’t sharpen a titanium drill bit. On the other hand, you can sharpen cobalt drill bits to keep them functioning at their peak performance.
If you need a drill bit for hard steel, titanium or cobalt bits are excellent choices. They tend to be a more expensive than regular bits, but like any specialized tool, you pay for the performance.
Check out our full line of drill bits make sure you have the right tools for the job and you will be done in no timeAbout Us| Sitemap Terms and Conditions | Toolguy Guarantee |Contact Us |Webmaster|